Hapag-Lloyd’s latest update to the recent events that have influenced transportation into and out of Vancouver. Rail and road operations servicing the Port of Vancouver remain affected by the recent flooding in British Columbia. Significant precipitation continues to fall on Southwestern B.C. As a result, some closures have occurred on the restored rail and road infrastructure.
- Highway 1: Closed.
- Highway 99: Closed.
- Highway 3: Re-opened for essential travel only.
- Highway 7: Open for essential travel only.
- Highway 5: Closed (long term).
- CN mainline washout over the weekend. Line clear date: TBA.
- A CP rail link to/from Vancouver remains open as of November 23.
- Service expectations: In recovery. Train fluidity to improve over the next number of weeks.
- VAUGHAN (Toronto): No export loads and empties to Port of Vancouver (POV).
- LACHINE (Montreal): No export loads and empties to POV.
- DPW Fraser Surrey (FSD): No export loads and empties across all terminals to FSD.
- REEFERS: No acceptance across all CP terminals. Reefer loads already at CP will begin to move on rail tomorrow.
- VAUGHAN (Toronto): Export loads and empties to Port of Montreal (POM)accepted as of mid-night this evening through tomorrow Dec 01 (00:01-23:59).
- CP VIF (Vancouver): Import DRY from DPW Fraser Surrey and Exports VIF to POM.
- BENSENVILLE: X-town loads for Minneapolis as from 0700 Wednesday, Dec.1.
- US Ramps: Accepting DRY export traffic (No Reefers) and pre-gate billed empties.
- Canadian Ramps: Accepting DRY export traffic (No Reefers) and pre-gate billed empties.
Port of Vancouver:
- Vessel delays, increased yard congestion and heightened anchorage demand expected to continue throughout this week. Berth availability remains TBA (dependent on rail car supply).
- Full recovery expected to take a number of weeks.
THEA vessels at anchor (Berth availability: TBA):
- PN4; Czech V104.
- PN2; Navios Unison V08, ONE Arcadia V58.
- PN3; Seaspan Beacon V02, Seaspan Yangtze V18.
THEA vessels at Berth:
- PN3; Hyundai Singapore V124 (working, ETD: 12/01pm).
GCT Delta Port:
- Import CY gate remains open.
- Limited export receiving and vessel operations.
DP World Fraser Surrey:
- Limited operations.