Effective August 10th, MSC will be implementing the following Hazardous surcharge for Low Risk, Medium Risk and High Risk commodities.
- Low Risk: USD 250.00 per TEU
- Medium Risk: USD 500.00 per TEU
- High Risk: USD 800.00 per TEU
- Very High Risk: Subject to HSSE approval
Definition based on IMO IMDG code latest version:
1. The actual risk identifiers are based on the IMDG Packing Group. When packing group is not mentioned, additional approval/confirmation will be required as well as rating ad hoc based on commodity.
a. - Ultra High IMDG Class 1, 2, 5.2, 7 (explosives, gases, peroxides, radioactive materials) (all these classes are accepted but exceptional, subject to HSSE approval / Owners’ decision).
b. PG I Packing Group 1 = High Danger
c. PG II Packing Group 2 = Medium Danger
d. PG III Packing Group 3 = Low Danger
2. The same Risk Identifiers from point 1 and 2, will apply as well for point 2 but for the Basel Convention Cargo or Waste Shipments.
3. In case of no packing group high risk amount will apply
We do not accept IMDG Class 6.2 (infectious substances)
This will be applicable for all shipments from US ports & Puerto Rico to: Red Sea (Yemen, Jordan, Djibouti, Saudi Arabia, Egypt (Sokhna), Sudan); Middle East (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Iran); Indian Subcontinent (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Maldives).