• In order to reduce manual input processes in logistics management, ZEDAS GmbH has developed an AI-based wagon number recognition system for rail freight transport companies.
• As a key technology, wagon number recognition has been integrated into the Train Check app from zedas®cargo. Train Check is an easy-to-use app for paperless train check-in directly at the train.
• During the train check, the scanner for the wagon number can be opened through a button next to the text field for manual entry. If the camera is pointed at the wagon area with the UIC wagon number, the AI automatically recognizes and analyses the exact position of the number, the text characters and checks the recognized UIC number. No further symbols such as QR or barcodes are necessary. With the identified wagon number, the app then retrieves the keeper's technical wagon master data via the GCU Broker (TAF interface) and imports it into the Train Check app.
Further highlights of the app:
- Automatic brake calculation
- Wagon lists and brake notes are created automatically and can be called up at any time
- Future-proof thanks to TAF/TAP TSI interfaces for TCM and WDR
- AI accelerates train dispatching
- Improved data quality
AJOT | September 27, 2022 | Energy | Alternative | Intermodal | Trucking
DB Schenker, one of the world’s leading logistics service providers and the leader in European land transport, and Volta Trucks, a leading and disruptive full-electric commercial vehicle manufacturer and services provider, have together completed the first on-road test phase of the full-electric Volta Zero truck in Europe: For the first time, a design verification prototype Volta Zero operated on roads and in real distribution environments in Paris.
Bloomberg | September 27, 2022 | Intermodal | Trucking
Quebec Premier Francois Legault, on the verge of a decisive re-election victory, will begin his second term with a major challenge: how to deliver a multibillion-dollar project that many voters don’t want and that his government doesn’t intend to pay for entirely on its own.
Southeastern Freight Lines, the leading provider of regional less-than-truckload (LTL) transportation services, today announced Garrett Dustin has been promoted to service center manager in Shreveport, Louisiana.
Industrial Realty Group, LLC (IRG), one of the largest industrial real estate developers in the nation, has announced an agreement has been executed to develop a state-of-the-art distribution facility in Suffolk near the Port of Virginia. Upon completion, the project will be fully leased to RoadOne IntermodaLogistics, a single source intermodal, distribution, and logistics services company with a national footprint.
• The program which started in 2013, involved the knowledge transfer across railway operations, operations control centres, maintenance of rolling stock, development of the operating rules and regulations, has now completed ahead of time
• Etihad Rail DB handled the operation for Stage One of the UAE National Rail Network since 2016 in line with highest levels of quality, safety, punctuality and customer satisfaction
• The joint venture of Etihad Rail DB was accredited as the UAE’s first heavy rail operator
Southeastern Freight Lines, the leading provider of regional less-than-truckload (LTL) transportation services, is celebrating 50 years of quality without question service at the Charlotte, North Carolina service center.