JAX LNG, a small-scale LNG facility located along the St. Johns River in Jacksonville, recently completed the first fueling of a marine vessel in the United States with a blend of liquefied natural gas (LNG) and renewable liquefied natural gas (RLNG).
AJOT | September 24, 2021 | Maritime News | Technology | Energy News | Alternative
Deltamarin and GTT have received Approval in Principle (AiP) from the classification society American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) for the LNG fueled Aframax tanker design. The AiP was received at the Gastech 2021 exhibition in Dubai.
AJOT | September 23, 2021 | Maritime News | Technology | Energy News
Classification society DNV and the Liberian International Ship & Corporate Registry (LISCR) have awarded an Approval in Principle (AiP) to Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) and Korea Shipbuilding & Offshore Engineering CO. (KSOE) for a new 40,000 CBM liquified CO2 carrier design. The handover of the AiP certificate took place during the Gastech trade fair in Dubai.
The key points are:
• At lab level, Prometheus Fuels can produce alcohol using renewable energy, ambient air and water. The alcohol can be used as carbon neutral eFuel to propel our methanol container vessels.
• Scaling the solution to meet the demands of the global shipping fleet is a huge challenge we can contribute to help them solve.
• A.P. Moller - Maersk is exploring several fuel pathways to decarbonisation and expects several solutions to co-exist in the future. This investment supports our focus on actively accelerating the market for eMethanol.
• Prometheus Fuels is considered a Unicorn, a venture capital industry term for a startup company with a value over USD 1 billion valuation.
• Maersk Growth will get a board seat in the company.
• American Airlines has already signed up to buy 10 million gallons of jet fuel.
Nippon Paint Marine has registered a significant spike in Turkish drydockings as operators of small- to mid-size tonnage redirect vessels from Asia due to capacity issues and a general tightening of COVID-19 rules.
Engine developer WinGD has developed an ecosystem of solutions around the main engine that enhances energy efficiency and enables a seamless transition to new fuels – the two keys to reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions in line with International Maritime Organization ambitions.