AJOT | February 11, 2021 | Maritime News | Technology | Energy News | Ports & Terminals
• Michelin signs a letter of commitment for maritime transport with Neoline, a French shipowner relying on main propulsion by sail.
• A commitment to transport pneumatic tires on the Halifax (Canada) / Saint-Nazaire - Montoir de Bretagne (France) line, as soon as the first cargo sailing ship was commissioned.
• A test initiative to help decarbonize Michelin's logistics operations.
The Jacksonville Port Authority (JAXPORT) saw vehicle and container volumes rebound during the first quarter of the port’s new fiscal year, which began on Oct. 1. Strong demand for consumer goods and vehicles attributed to the port’s solid first-quarter results.
AMPORTS, Inc. (“AMPORTS”), one of the largest auto processors in North America, together with Siem Car Carriers (“SSC”) today announced the successful arrival of the vehicle carrier Siem Socrates at AMPORTS’ planned terminal in Antioch, California.
• Woodland Group opens new fulfilment & distribution facility in Doncaster at iPort, the UK’s most advanced multimodal logistics hub
• The 195,000 sq ft facility is the latest addition to our existing footprint across 5 locations in Yorkshire and will enable us to add to our headcount in the Yorkshire region by 35%.
• New facility will offer our carbon-conscious solutions and deliver access across the UK and direct services into Europe
The shipping industry has lost one of its pioneers from the Golden Era of Containerization and a truly great man. Christos N. Kritikos passed away on January 31, 2021 at home with his family at his side. He was 95 years old.
John Driscoll, director and chief executive officer announced Beth Ann Frisher will join the Alabama State Port Authority senior management team as the new Chief Commercial Officer effective February 18, 2021.