AJOT | October 05, 2022 | Logistics | Shipping Technology
Airhouse, a next-generation fulfillment platform that simplifies ecommerce operations and logistics for modern brands, plans to help thousands of direct-to-consumer U.S. brands ‘go global’ by offering simple, cost-efficient cross-border ecommerce operations through a new international partnership with SEKO Logistics (SEKO), a leading global logistics provider.
• In order to reduce manual input processes in logistics management, ZEDAS GmbH has developed an AI-based wagon number recognition system for rail freight transport companies.
• As a key technology, wagon number recognition has been integrated into the Train Check app from zedas®cargo. Train Check is an easy-to-use app for paperless train check-in directly at the train.
• During the train check, the scanner for the wagon number can be opened through a button next to the text field for manual entry. If the camera is pointed at the wagon area with the UIC wagon number, the AI automatically recognizes and analyses the exact position of the number, the text characters and checks the recognized UIC number. No further symbols such as QR or barcodes are necessary. With the identified wagon number, the app then retrieves the keeper's technical wagon master data via the GCU Broker (TAF interface) and imports it into the Train Check app.
Further highlights of the app:
- Automatic brake calculation
- Wagon lists and brake notes are created automatically and can be called up at any time
- Future-proof thanks to TAF/TAP TSI interfaces for TCM and WDR
- AI accelerates train dispatching
- Improved data quality