Today, DSV inaugurates the new Gauteng HQ in South Africa, DSV Park Gauteng, which is Africa’s largest integrated logistics centre. With this centralised facility DSV will be able to provide more seamless service to customers which is an integral part of creating a strengthened and more efficient logistics network in South Africa.
The key points are:
• At lab level, Prometheus Fuels can produce alcohol using renewable energy, ambient air and water. The alcohol can be used as carbon neutral eFuel to propel our methanol container vessels.
• Scaling the solution to meet the demands of the global shipping fleet is a huge challenge we can contribute to help them solve.
• A.P. Moller - Maersk is exploring several fuel pathways to decarbonisation and expects several solutions to co-exist in the future. This investment supports our focus on actively accelerating the market for eMethanol.
• Prometheus Fuels is considered a Unicorn, a venture capital industry term for a startup company with a value over USD 1 billion valuation.
• Maersk Growth will get a board seat in the company.
• American Airlines has already signed up to buy 10 million gallons of jet fuel.
Seko Logistics is building on a record year of international ecommerce shipment volumes by becoming the launch partner of recommerce specialist Reconomx to help retail brands reduce their carbon footprints, understand the true cost of returns, and provide new in-country resale channels to bring down the estimated $100 billion a year cost of cross-border returns.