Carrier Logistics Inc. (CLI), veteran providers of freight management software for Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) fleets, today announced the release of Version 12 of its FACTS solution. In addition to its range of management tools, the latest version of FACTS features several new optimization and automation capabilities.
“With FACTS V12 we are overlaying the incredible product we already have with the value that comes from having an analytical view of data, the advances that AI brings to the table, and the automation of routine and non-routine freight and asset management processes,” said Ben Wiesen, president of CLI. “Over the decades, we’ve built an incredibly robust, functional and in-depth solution for managing the business of an LTL carrier. FACTS V12 continues to provide that functionality and sophistication and builds on that foundation to propel our clients forward with new technological approaches.”
Key features and new functionality designed for FACTS V12 include:
· A P&D optimization model to dynamically route deliveries.
· An extended LOC-AI for freight pick-up operations that adds the ability to include detailed information on addresses for each shipment. This capability, first introduced last year for delivery locations, is fully integrated into FACTS shipment entry and rating modules.
· Real time pick-up rerouting suggestions.
· AR risk evaluation using AI and analytics for generating an exact current risk measurement for each account.
· Proactive and automated appointment scheduling for last mile residential deliveries historical transactions that includes notifications via text or email to customers.
· Automated fuel cost updates and fuel surcharge pricing integration.
· Translation solutions to send messages in Spanish and overcome language barriers between dock workers and supervisors as more workflow is driven by digital communication.
Another recent part of CLI’s focus on automation is their new Yard Management System for maintaining full visibility of each trailer at terminals, dispatching trailer switches to yard personnel, and tracking dock door and yard slot locations. The stand-alone module, which can be integrated with FACTS as well as coupled with CLI’s Dock Management System and Dock Management Board, provides LTL carriers with an organized means of coordinating cross dock activity with required yard moves.
“FACTS has always handled transactional processing extraordinarily well,” Wiesen stated. “With V12 we’re applying AI and analytics technologies to further automate and optimize the ability to put the right information in front of the right person at the right time. Those features will help solve immediate tactical problems and address long term issues, resulting in improved productivity, less management time and lower costs.”
Carrier Logistics FACTS™ is the premier solution for meeting the unique transportation and freight management needs of asset-based LTL carriers and the last mile industry. FACTS includes online customer shipping tools, dispatch and driver management, a superior rate engine, cross dock management, and a full back-office suite that give transportation professionals the tools they need to operate cost-effectively while providing improved freight visibility to their customers.