Record Revenues and Income from Operations
The Descartes Systems Group Inc. announced its financial results for its fiscal 2022 third quarter (Q3FY22). All financial results referenced are in United States (US) currency and, unless otherwise indicated, are determined in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
“Driver shortages, supply constraints, capacity challenges and shipping bottlenecks are just some of the factors impacting today’s global supply chains and the wider economy,” said Edward J. Ryan, Descartes’ CEO. “Running efficient supply chains is complicated, and the right technology is key to delivering on customer promises in a secure and efficient manner. Our Global Logistics Network was specifically designed to help solve the inherent multi-party, multi-process challenges faced by supply chain participants. We continue to leverage our experience and financial position to grow our Global Logistics Network for the benefit of our customers.”
Q3FY22 Financial Results
As described in more detail below, key financial highlights for Q3FY22 included:
- Revenues of $108.9 million, up 24% from $87.5 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2021 (Q3FY21) and up 4% from $104.6 million in the previous quarter (Q2FY22);
- Revenues were comprised of services revenues of $97.2 million (89% of total revenues), professional services and other revenues of $10.3 million (10% of total revenues) and license revenues of $1.4 million (1% of total revenues). Services revenues were up 25% from $77.6 million in Q3FY21 and up 4% from $93.5 million in Q2FY22;
- Cash provided by operating activities of $43.3 million, up 31% from $33.1 million in Q3FY21 and down from $46.4 million in Q2FY22;
- Income from operations of $27.8 million, up 48% from $18.8 million in Q3FY21 and up 7% from $26.1 million in Q2FY22;
- Net income of $25.5 million, up 92% from $13.3 million in Q3FY21 and up 10% from $23.2 million in Q2FY22. Net income as a percentage of revenues was 23%, compared to 15% in Q3FY21 and 22% in Q2FY22;
- Earnings per share on a diluted basis of $0.30, up 100% from $0.15 in Q3FY21 and up 11% from $0.27 in Q2FY22; and
- Adjusted EBITDA of $48.2 million, up 32% from $36.4 million in Q3FY21 and up 5% from $45.9 million in Q2FY22. Adjusted EBITDA as a percentage of revenues was 44%, compared to 42% in Q3FY21 and 44% in Q2FY22.