Today, E2open announced that it will acquire BluJay Solutions, with the stock and cash transaction valued at approximately $1.7 billion. The combination of E2open’s end-to-end platform and large trading partner network with BluJay’s leading logistics execution software will create the leading, independent SaaS-based supply chain platform spanning supply chain planning to execution.
Among other benefits, this acquisition will:
- Expand E2open’s supply chain execution, especially in transportation management, and further adds key direct-to-consumer offerings including last mile, parcel and dropship commerce to E2open’s platform.
- Enhance E2open’s network to include Over-the-Road trucking and complementary air transportation, enabling complete visibility from truckloads to intermodal shipments.
- Combine two leading supply chain networks, adding 50k network participants, $40 billion in annual commerce spend and 1.9 billion annual transactions to E2open’s existing network.
- Increase global reach and TAM.
- Broaden analytics offerings, substantially increase the monetization opportunity that E2open already has today for its data.