Maersk provided an update on the situation in Western Canada in relation to the wildfires in the Lytton, BC area which has impacted the key access route towards the ports in Vancouver. Hot and dry weather conditions persist, and no precipitation is anticipated in the short-term forecast.
Current situation at Vancouver Terminal:
- Yard utilization is currently 97% of capacity, expected to rise - 7 days of waiting time for vessel berthing. Average rail dwell is 7 days.
- CP is running trains through the Thompson Subdivision at reduced speed and length.
- CN has removed all embargoes placed previously because of the Lytton fire.
- Mainline between Kamloops and Vancouver is open through Ashcroft. Rail car supply has improved.
- They will continue to monitor their ramps capacity and look to execute a limited westbound allocation plan for Week 29.